Friday, August 19, 2011

Concept Art

I spent a good deal of time playing around with various color schemes and pallets in my head, trying to come up with something that would work for the scene. The main challenge in creating this Orc farmstead was in blending the envisioned dark colored home with this very scenic and warm, peaceful, and rightly colored setting.
Another challenge was making sure that the Orc home did not resemble something that looked too human but at the same time looked relateable, warm and inviting to the player while still believably being a home in which the main protagonist, an Orc, would reside. While a few details in the piece aid in something that hopefully is not too human, I was in the end pleased with the color choices which I hope yielded the result I was aiming for.




No comments:

Post a Comment